In the News
Sphinx featured on the web:
- Crains Detroit: Sphinx Leaders to Receive Kennedy Center Awards
Knight Foundation: Sphinx Organization Honored by White House
- Detroit News: Sphinx Organization Celebrates 20 Years of Diversity
- Flint Journal: Michelle Obama Awards Flint, Detroit After-School Arts Program
Detroit News: Sphinx Organization Wins White House Award
- Grantmakers in the Arts: Arts, Inclusion, Society: Lessons for Tomorrow
- The New York Times: Review: Sphinx Virtuosi and Catalyst Quartet are on a Mission
- Musical America Worldwide: MA 30 The Influencers, Afa Sadykhly Dworkin
- Detroit News: Where Classical Music Meets Social Justice
Excerpts from Sphinx Finals Concerts have been featured on NPR’s Performance Today and MBC Network’s Classic Performance.
From The Top
From the Top is a non-profit multi-media organization with a mission to encourage and celebrate the development of youth through music. From The Top radio show is created by Concert Productions, Inc. in association with WGBH Radio Boston and New England Conservatory of Music, and distributed by Public Radio International. This interactive program features world renowned pianist (and a member of the Sphinx Honorary Committee) Christopher O’Riley as the host, interviewing young musicians as well as collaborating with them on stage. As our artistic partner, each year From The Top features our 3 Junior Division Laureates in shows taped across the country. From the Top is now heard on over 230 stations nationwide and is known as the most popular weekly classical music program on the air today.
Detroit Public Television
Each year, the Detroit Public Television broadcasts the Sphinx Finals Concert. Historically, the viewership for this event has exceeded 80,000 households.
The Sphinx Finals Concert is syndicated to PBS stations nationwide, including KCTI Minneapolis-St.Paul and WHYY Philadelphia.