MUSIC ASSISTANCE FUND
Joseph Conyers, Sphinx Competition multi-year alum and MAF scholarships awardee
The Sphinx Music Assistance Fund is a comprehensive program area, encompassing a series of key scholarship programs aimed at providing alumni of Sphinx’s applicable programs with access to educational, career and professional development opportunities.
Components of the Sphinx Music Assistance Fund include:
MPower Artist Grants
Competitive scholarships for Sphinx alumni and awardees
Summer Education Program
Providing Sphinx Competition alumni with summer music camp scholarships
Connecting Sphinx Competition alumni with quality instruments
Sphinx Competition semi-finalists and alumni receive access to undergraduate and graduate scholarships
Other Scholarship Resources
- The American Federation of Musicians hosts a list of scholarship opportunities for young musicians:
- The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation helps young people of exceptional promise reach their full potential through education, most notably through some of the largest and most competitive scholarships available in the US. Students interested in the foundation’s scholarships must be nominated by the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Faculty Representative at their undergraduate institution or community college. Direct applications from students will not be accepted. Further information on eligibility is available at the Foundation’s website, www.jackkentcookefoundation.org
- Los Padres Foundation, established in 1995 is dedicated to helping economically disadvantaged New York and New Jersey metropolitan area Puerto Rican/Hispanic youth realize their full human potential through education and community service.
- Founded in 1975, the Hispanic Scholarship Fund believes that the country prospers when all Americans have access to the opportunities a college education can afford. To date, HSF has awarded over $360 million in scholarships and has supported a broad range of outreach and education programs to help students and their families navigate collegiate life.
- BestColleges.com is an online, college planning resource for current and prospective students. Recently they have created a collection of resources for minority students, as well as for educators and other adults supporting minority students, for more information the resource can be found here:http://www.bestcolleges.com/financial-aid/minority-students/.
- Accredited Colleges – Search online for accredited schools including scholarship information.
- AffordableColleges.com created a guide that connects more minority students with more financial aid opportunities. They’ve highlighted key information and scholarship opportunities designed to help specific minority groups finance their college education. For more information, here is the guide: http://www.affordablecolleges.