MUSIC ASSISTANCE FUND
Joseph Conyers, Sphinx Competition multi-year alum and MAF scholarships awardee
The Sphinx Music Assistance Fund is a comprehensive program area, encompassing a series of key scholarship programs aimed at providing alumni of Sphinx’s applicable programs with access to educational, career and professional development opportunities.
Components of the Sphinx Music Assistance Fund include:
MPower Artist Grants
Competitive scholarships for Sphinx alumni and awardees
Summer Education Program
Providing Sphinx Competition alumni with summer music camp scholarships
Connecting Sphinx Competition alumni with quality instruments
Sphinx Competition semi-finalists and alumni receive access to undergraduate and graduate scholarships
Other Scholarship Resources
- The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation is a private, independent foundation dedicated to advancing the education of exceptionally promising students who have financial need. The Foundation supports exceptional students from elementary school to graduate school through scholarships, grants, direct service, and knowledge creation and dissemination. Further information on eligibility is available at the Foundation’s website, www.jkcf.org
- Founded in 1975, the Hispanic Scholarship Fund empowers Latino families with the knowledge and resources to successfully complete a higher education, while providing scholarships and support services to as many exceptional Hispanic American students as possible.
- BestColleges.com is an online, college planning resource for current and prospective students. They have created a collection of resources for minority students, as well as for educators and other adults supporting minority students, for more information the resource can be found here: http://www.bestcolleges.com/financial-aid/minority-students/
- Accredited Colleges – Search online for accredited schools including scholarship information.
- AffordableColleges.com created a guide that connects more minority students with more financial aid opportunities. They’ve highlighted key information and scholarship opportunities designed to help specific minority groups finance their college education. For more information, here is the guide: http://www.affordablecolleges.